Monday, October 1, 2012

bee block catch up

I fell a little behind on bee blocks the last month or two, I always assume "I can work on those tomorrow" and then tomorrow turns into the next day, and the next day, and the next day, and before you know it, I'm frantically playing catch up.  Anyways, in the midst of repainting and "face lifting" our living room (pics to come soon), I did sneak a little sewing time to get caught up!

DSC_0504

First off I have to share what has been pouring through my mailbox the last few weeks!  I'm in love with these blocks that the fine ladies of the Inspire circle of do. Good Stitches has made for me using my Techicolor Twist block tutorial.  I am so digging this quilt, the colors are just great, I'm waiting on one more block and have to make one more block, and then I can put together the quilt top!

DSC_0502

This is my super late block, Amber requested these fun churn dash blocks for August in the Stash Bee using black, purple and white.  Working on this block made me realized how little purple and black I have in my stash!  I used some Pat Bravo Oval Elements in licorice, and is about as black as I could get.  Hopefully this works for Amber and it fits with her other blocks.

DSC_0503

Also for the Stash Bee, Caroline requested fun scrappy log cabin blocks, and asked for fun bright fabrics.  Fun bright fabrics I can do!  I always enjoy digging through my scrap bins for blocks like this, hopefully she likes the fun text-y prints as well!

DSC_0500
DSC_0499

These blocks were for Andy in the Inspire circle of do. Good Stitches.  She requested two blocks in aqua and orange (colors I certainly am NOT lacking for in my stash!) using her very own Jumble quilt block pattern.  These blocks were so fun and quick to put together, I can't wait to see her finished quilt, it will make for a very cool pattern!



4 comments: