Wednesday, March 28, 2012

WIP Wednesday {3.28.2012}

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

It's been quite a busy week here!  I must be having an "on" week, as it seems one week I get a ton accomplished, and then next, zilch.  I'll take it though.  Here's whats new:

Completed Projects


retro flowers baby quilt

More on this quilt here.  But its done, and off to its new home as of this morning.


cabinets after

It felt ah-maz-ing to put the last handle on the last cabinet door in the early hours of Sunday morning and stand back and admire our handy work.  We still have quite a bit more work to do, but we've just been enjoying the new and improved lightened up look of our kitchen.  A detailed post on this project can be found here.

In Progress

4x5 Bee Blocks

4x5 Hive 10 Quarter 1 test block

Nothing like waiting until the last minute, but I finally spent some time playing around with my block for the 4x5 bee.  I had purchased Rachel from Stitched in Color's Wheel Quilt pattern a few days ago, and thought "I wonder if I could scale that pattern down to a 12.5" block" so I tried it out last night, and it worked just like I was hoping it would.  I again used Leann's pinless curve piecing technique, and I'm officially a convert, pins be gone!   

This Weeks Stats:
New Projects: 0
Completed Projects: 2
In Progress:  I've lost count!  

Be sure to head over to Freshly Pieced and add your WIPs!





12 comments:

  1. That baby quilt is so cute!!! I've got to add that pattern to my collection soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your fabric choices for the baby quilt! Off to go check out the pinless curved piecing link- I'm scared of curves and hate pinning, so this may get me started. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The baby quilt is awesome. I love the contrasting binding!

    And the kitchen, can I just say...jealous?? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Retro Flower quilt!! That hot pink binding is great! The kitchen looks so nice and inviting :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for a productive week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your kitchen is beautiful! And all your projects this week are color-coordinated. Beautiful baby quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilt and block, Jessica! I'm so glad you mentioned Leanne's technique. I had never heard of such a thing as sewing curves without pins. After seeing your work and Leanne's video, I'm a believer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your retro flower quilt - very nice colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your kitchen does look amazing, what a fantastic transformation.
    Love the Retro Flowers baby quilt, really pretty.
    Your seams are perfect on the Wheel block.

    ReplyDelete